Fruit Caramels, vintage candy recipe, power balls, no suagr added

Ok let's lay this out there. This says caramel but I wouldn't call it that at all. It's more like a dried fruit truffle or power ball. I would dare to say if you are backed up it would be a good cure for that as well. I can see breaking them up and putting them in oatmeal too. Very old fashioned to use fruit instead of sugar this recipe fell out of another cookbook from 1942. I had to make it black and white to see it better and it obviously had been ripped out of a different book at some point. 


I really like that there is no added sugar here.  I assume there was no reason to suggest organic or non-gmo when this recipe was created but I certainly would use those type of ingredients here. I suggest walnuts but pecans would work too.



Follow me on Pinterest, Google and Facebook or the blog!

To become an Avon Rep please click
here for more info
and to sign up.

There are links in my blog posts. Some lead to affiliate pages or my Avon shop. Monies/rewards may be earned off any purchases or sign ups done through these links

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to wear your Avon Eye Shadows

Compare ours to theirs

Remember when 1/15/17