Homemade Marshmallows, Vintage candy recipe

I do not like store bought marshmallows. I do like home made ones though, especially when the cold water is substituted with amaretto for the adults.  A stand mixer is a major plus when making these as it takes quite a while to work all the air into the mix, which is the most important part of mallow making.



I have never added nuts to my marshmallows on the inside. We have dipped them in chocolate then topped with nuts or sprinkles.

As I have said we have made adult versions of the marshmallow replacing the cold water with several alcohols. Our favorites:
  • Amaretto
  • Kahlua
  • Crème de menthe
  • Sambuca
  • Butterscotch schnapps
They make great toppers for hot chocolate and coffee, they are NOT for children.



Follow me on Pinterest, Google and Facebook or the blog!

To become an Avon Rep please click
here for more info
and to sign up.

There are links in my blog posts. Some lead to affiliate pages or my Avon shop. Monies/rewards may be earned off any purchases or sign ups done through these links

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to wear your Avon Eye Shadows

Compare ours to theirs

Remember when 1/15/17