Barbeque Sauce, sloppy joe recipe, hamburger barbeque

I grew up in NJ, we call this Sloppy Joe growing up. When we moved to Pennsylvania I was confused at first over the different names of foods. We were only 3 hours away from where we grew up and the food slang had us a wee bit befuddled at times. One day we were at a backyard picnic and someone had brought a huge crock pot of Sloppy Joe, they had told me I had to try the Hamburger Barbecue. I went to the grill looking for a burger, which I found and brought back to the table. I got some strange looks before the "don't you like hamburger barbeque", confused I a stated "isn't that what I have?" After laughing at me the "sloppy joe" was served to me, just the same as when I was growing up, on a white bun to soak up the sauce, just by a different name.  I also learned that in our area each family has their own recipes and it is a point of honor to have the "best". This is serious stuff here, not your from a can sauce, this is real down home goodness.  It is very easy to make and well worth the maybe 5 minutes more it takes to make over pouring in a canned sauce.






Follow me on Pinterest, Google and Facebook or the blog!

To become an Avon Rep please click
here for more info
and to sign up.

There are links in my blog posts. Some lead to affiliate pages or my Avon shop. Monies/rewards may be earned off any purchases or sign ups done through these links

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to wear your Avon Eye Shadows

Compare ours to theirs

Remember when 1/15/17