What Has Happened to our Skills? Cooking

Not so long ago cooking skills were an essential part of life. They were something you needed to survive. Some where along the road where processed foods and quick take restaurants popped up this essential skill was lost to so many families. Often I look for recipes to make something from "scratch" only to find box mix and pre-made items as ingredients.



I personally am teaching my kids to cook, can and bake. Though my mother taught me some skills, bread baking, canning and other preservation skills were nothing she knew how to do. I had to teach myself and I am adamant about teaching my children.  In my search for Scratch recipes I found my love of old cookbooks. I often fish them out of recycle bins and garage sales.  I fear if I do not save them and share them they will be lost. How many do I miss that are lost?



Follow me on Pinterest, Google and Facebook or the blog!

To become an Avon Rep please click
here for more info
and to sign up.

There are links in my blog posts. Some lead to affiliate pages or my Avon shop. Monies/rewards may be earned off any purchases or sign ups done through these links

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to wear your Avon Eye Shadows

Compare ours to theirs

Remember when 1/15/17