Sweet Chunck Pickles for canning, vintage recipe

      As you can see in the picture I don't always use this pickle recipe for chunks. We like them on sandwiches so I also use it to do slices, spears and chopped with a little red pepper for a relish. It is really very versatile as it can be used with the zucchini and green tomatoes as well as watermelon rinds and we have even done firm apples in it. Not to be forgotten we have used this liquid to pickle garlic cloves.....mmmmmm
This is a vintage clipping from I have no idea where. It was one my mother had in a folder from her mother that when I started canning I took. I make these every year. How old is the recipe? Well my Gram died in 1961 so in the least from the 50's but by the lack of measurements and the "float an egg" I would think pre-depression era.



A tablespoon or two or some nice hot peppers canned with these pickles makes a very nicely heated pickle as well. We love the heat and do this with half of them.  We have also added garlic to the jars, a clove or two while canning.

Follow me on Pinterest, Google and Facebook or the blog!

To become an Avon Rep please click
here for more info
and to sign up.

There are links in my blog posts. Some lead to affiliate pages or my Avon shop. Monies/rewards may be earned off any purchases or sign ups done through these links

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to wear your Avon Eye Shadows

Compare ours to theirs

Remember when 1/15/17