Potica, Christmas Bread, swirl bread, tradtional Slovenian nut roll

This is a Christmas delight for our family but it's also one of the first recipes I make each autumn. The nuts from our black walnut tress start falling  and it just puts me in the mood for this sweet nut filled bread. The swirled patterns on the inside are apart of this treats appeal. The kids love watching the rolls get put into the pan and guess what type of patterns they will bake out to be.


If you are not a lover of nuts, other fillings can be used. Nutella makes a very tasty bread as does most jams or preserves. Poppy seed filling isn't uncommon nor is apricot.   I have even made it with a cinnamon filling much like one uses in cinnamon rolls.



Follow me on Pinterest, Google and Facebook or the blog!

To become an Avon Rep please click
here for more info
and to sign up.

There are links in my blog posts. Some lead to affiliate pages or my Avon shop. Monies/rewards may be earned off any purchases or sign ups done through these links

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to wear your Avon Eye Shadows

Compare ours to theirs

Remember when 1/15/17