German Cookie Recipe

This little raisin cookie was a recipe I found in a church cook book with a date from 1951 on it. I am not sure what makes it "German" but would guess it was a heritage recipe passed down from some one's German side.


In a time still proud of living by the "waste not want not" attitude no one would have thrown sour milk away. Nope it would be used for something and here it's in cookies. If you do not want to wait for or have sour milk it can be substituted with buttermilk from the food store. As for the nuts, I would use a walnut but I am sure almonds or pecans would be quite tasty as well.



Follow me on Pinterest, Google and Facebook or the blog!

To become an Avon Rep please click
here for more info
and to sign up.

There are links in my blog posts. Some lead to affiliate pages or my Avon shop. Monies/rewards may be earned off any purchases or sign ups done through these links

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to wear your Avon Eye Shadows

Compare ours to theirs

Remember when 1/15/17