Lima Beans a la Suisse, vintage side dish recipe

I hated lima beans as a kid. My mother only ever cooked the frozen bricks of beans from the food store with a little butter and salt and pepper. They were grey and gross.  My husband on the other hand always loved them and after struggling back and forth about if they should be on the table he won out one day. We were at a farmers market and some local Amish had fresh lima beans they were shelling right there. They were the biggest lima beans I had ever seen and we got ourselves a pound or so for that night. Go figure, be it my changing tastes due to age or the fact that they were fresh, or that I sautéed them in bacon, I mean bacon makes it better right?

Lima beans are quite good for ones health so adding them back into our diet was a good idea. They are high in both protein and fiber which makes them good for diabetics, those suffering from constipation, heart issues, high cholesterol and any number of other ailments. All hail the soluble fiber, it's good for you... and me!

How great a health benefit this recipe has when your beans are covered in cheese is debatable but oh so very delish! I adamantly do not use frozen lima beans, ever.  we do serve them with venison roast and other hearty meals. Hubby loves them with meatloaf. 



Follow me on PinterestGoogle and Facebook or the blog!

To become an Avon Rep please click here for more info
and to sign up.
There are links in my blog posts. Some lead to affiliate pages or my Avon shop. Monies/rewards may be earned off any purchases or sign ups done through these links.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to wear your Avon Eye Shadows

Compare ours to theirs

Remember when 1/15/17