Gluten Free Crumb Topped Blueberry Bars Desert Recipe

Always the frugal shopper looking for a good deal I scooped up many packages of the Red Mills Gluten Free Short Bread Mix.  I was all excited because I would be able to make these simple cookies for our youngest. Well she hated them, I mean down right refused to eat the cookies at all. Now what to do with the 5 bags of the stuff I had left. 
Challenge put forth and met with this bar recipe.  I made the short bread as instructed minus a half cup of the mix which I left aside. This was baked in a parchment lined pan. I leave the parchment long to pull the bars out of the pan easier.  Once half baked I pulled the short bread out and topped it with the blueberry filling. The remaining mix I made a crumb with butter and vanilla as well as a little cinnamon and sprinkled it on top. Back into the oven it went for 10 more minutes. 

I have found that Gluten free baked goods are often easier to cut once fully cooled so I left these over night before cutting. They are, like most gluten free baked goods, crumbly but short bread is that way anyhow. Switch out the pie filling to your favorite fruit.

Follow me on PinterestGoogle and Facebook or the blog!

To become an Avon Rep please click
 here for more info
and to sign up.

There are links in my blog posts. Some lead to affiliate pages or my Avon shop. Monies/rewards may be earned off any purchases or sign ups done through these links.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to wear your Avon Eye Shadows

Compare ours to theirs

Remember when 1/15/17