No bake Date and Nut Roll, vintage dessert recipe, gluten free conversion

I love dates. We usually fill them with the nuts and roll them in brown sugar mixed with a bit of ground cinnamon. This vintage recipe though takes that to a whole other level by making this no bake dessert!  Eagle brand condensed milk has been around for generations now and this was a feature recipe to get house wives to send in for their "Magic" cookbook. I would love to get my hands on one of those vintage recipes books!



Though not a gluten free recipe it is easily converted to one. Simply switch out the vanilla wafers for a gluten free version, I would also add a small amount of Xanthan gum powder as well basing on the flour used in the wafers you get,  and you are good to go.


Follow me on Pinterest, Google and Facebook or the blog!

To become an Avon Rep please click
here for more info
and to sign up.

There are links in my blog posts. Some lead to affiliate pages or my Avon shop. Monies/rewards may be earned off any purchases or sign ups done through these links

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to wear your Avon Eye Shadows

Compare ours to theirs

Remember when 1/15/17