German Chocolate Cake, Vintage dessert Recipe

Chocolate cake. Need I say more? I mean I'm going to say more but really do I have to? Choc-o-late cake! One of my pet peeves with most modern recipes is how sweet they are. They all seem to want to make your teeth fall out and disregard the flavor. Chocolate is enhanced with a little twang here and there so a deep dark chocolate and buttermilk counter that too sweet to make perfection!




This cake bakes nice in a well greased and floured Bundt pan as well. Icings can vary immensely but a simple chocolate or white drizzle and some candied rose petals take this to a very elegant place.

My favorite to drizzle on:
Orange icing.
1 tbls.  orange juice
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
Stir together adding a drop or two of juice until a nice thick drizzle has been made.

Follow me on Pinterest, Google and Facebook or the blog!

To become an Avon Rep please click
here for more info
and to sign up.

There are links in my blog posts. Some lead to affiliate pages or my Avon shop. Monies/rewards may be earned off any purchases or sign ups done through these links

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to wear your Avon Eye Shadows

Compare ours to theirs

Remember when 1/15/17