Refreshing and Bright Tomato & Onion Salad, vintage side dish recipe

I know it is snowing outside right now as I type this up. I know we have months before fresh tomatoes are in over abundance from our gardens and that in said season I will be sick and tired of all those bright red fruits. Right now though I am getting a little winter cabin fever and need some of the bright flavors of summer. 


This is a very simple salad to make and pairs very well with beef, venison or pork roasts that are very popular during the cold and dreary winter months.  We are lucky to live in a time where hot house tomatoes can be purchased at any time of year.  Giving us the option to pair the long oven roasted meats with the tangy fresh summer salads.


Leftovers are great and this salad makes a great sandwich topper the next day, or later that night when the leftover meat becomes a late night treat!


Follow me on Pinterest, Google and Facebook or the blog!




To become an Avon Rep please click
here for more info



and to sign up.



There are links in my blog posts. Some lead to affiliate pages or my Avon shop. Monies/rewards may be earned off any purchases or sign ups done through these links




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to wear your Avon Eye Shadows

Compare ours to theirs

Remember when 1/15/17