Keto toad in the hole, ham, egg and cheese breakfast for dinner recipe




One of my favorite Breakfasts is toad in a hole sometimes referred to birds in a nest. Pan toasted bread with an egg cooked in the middle of it. Now I have been low carb and on the keto diet for quite some time and realized I could do a low car, protein packed version. Here I took some nice ham steaks and went to town

Ingredients for 1: make as many as needed
Ham steak
egg
butter
shredded cheese

 

First I used a biscuit cutter to cut a hole, yes I have a Mickey one, in the centers of the ham steaks. I put the bits I cut out aside to brown up in the pan the next day for sandwiches using the ham in place of bread.






Then in a well buttered and heated pan I gently press the ham steaks down to seal the edges of the hole and then crack an egg into the free space.  Cook until mostly firm and one of two things can happen here you can flip for browning on both sides (or brown ham on one side flip and then add egg) or do not flip leaving yolk loose for dipping.  We like cheese sprinkled on top of ours but this is a personal preference and one that can be easily left off especially if you have a dairy allergy.  Serve hot! 




Follow me on PinterestGoogle and Facebook or the blog!



To become an Avon Rep please click
 here for more info


and to sign up.




There are links in my blog posts. Some lead to affiliate pages or my Avon shop. Monies/rewards may be earned off any purchases or sign ups done through these links


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to wear your Avon Eye Shadows

Compare ours to theirs

Remember when 1/15/17