Veg-All recipe vintage advertisment, Pie Plate Salad, Gluten free!



A canned vegetable ad with a recipe for something truly unspeakable. | 21 Truly Upsetting Vintage Food Advertisements





I have to laugh sometimes at the salads of the past. Gone are the days of gelatin being in vogue on the dinner table, but it is fun to see these old recipes. I need to say I am not a canned veggie lover. For me fresh is best. I can see though some parents being able to get their littles to eat vegetables with this. At age 2 one of mine wouldn't eat any fruit if it wasn't "giggly", yes she meant jiggly..lol  If we had been in need of her eating veggies this would have worked I am sure!

There is one more thing that strikes me a little odd with this recipe. Admittedly we have never used tartar sauce for anything other then fish sticks!  Here it is suggested with salad dressing as almost a second hand thought. Pne might think the salad would be dressed enough with the jelly but maybe not.


Follow me on PinterestGoogle and Facebook or the blog!

To become an Avon Rep please click
 here for more info
and to sign up.
 
There are links in my blog posts. Some lead to affiliate pages or my Avon shop. Monies/rewards may be earned off any purchases or sign ups done through these links.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to wear your Avon Eye Shadows

Compare ours to theirs

Remember when 1/15/17