Smoked Jalapeño Pickles, canning, smoking, homesteading 

Smoked Jalapeños 

It's the fall and in mine and my friends gardens we have an abundance of  jalapeño peppers!  Now we eat, freeze, can and pickle them but my favorite is to smoke them.  We use them then in salsas, soups, hot sauces and pickled. I also freeze them for later use in chili and  jalapeño popper grilled cheese sandwiches.  Now we use our electric smoker to smoke our peppers with hickory chips for about two hours. The slow heat enhances the heat of the peppers themselves so trial and error is needed when eating them.  Just follow your smokers directions as each can be different.

Brine
2 c white vinegar
4 c water
2 tbl. Pickling salt

Bring to boil and pour in jars.
Can as you prefer. 



Follow me on PinterestGoogle and Facebook or the blog!

To become an Avon Rep please click
 here for more info
and to sign up.

There are links in my blog posts. Some lead to affiliate pages or my Avon shop. Monies/rewards may be earned off any purchases or sign ups done through these links

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to wear your Avon Eye Shadows

Compare ours to theirs

Remember when 1/15/17