Kielbasa and Kraut

Kielbasa and Kraut

I have had to twist about so many recipes of late, it's hard and at times defeating. So I decided to go through some of the recipes in my mother's massive collection to see if anything from my childhood could be made without me having to adjust it. I found a few forgotten treasures but one jem I just haven't made in a while and one I always really liked. Now it was served with pita bread and those in my house who can have bread did, the others had it alone or with corn muffin. Any which way it was soo good! This is a quick and easy recipe as well so great for game night. It is hardy, travels and reheats well. Now I make a huge batch because it freezes well too. So if there is any left it can be used as leftovers or frozen for a second meal. I did have to search out a gluten free Kielbasa at the store but it wasn't hard to find. Small batch conversion on bottom of page.

Kielbasa and Kraut
  • 42 oz. package of Kielbasa
  • 1 lb. bag of sauerkraut drained
  • 1 small onion chopped
  • 8 oz. sour cream or plain yogurt
  • 4 tbls. ground mustard
  • 1 tbls. olive oil
  • salt and pepper to taste

In a pan heat oil and lightly sauté onion while cutting kielbasa into 1/4 in. rounds (or thickness you prefer). Brown meat with the onions. Once hot and browned nicely toss in kraut and heat through. Put on low heat and add in mustard and sour cream. Stir well and until hot. Serve alone or on a bun. My mother would put this in a pita pocket.

Cut recipe in third easily by buying a 14 oz. pack of kielbasa, using 8 oz. can of kraut, and a few tables. of sour cream and squirt of mustard.


Follow me on Pinterest, Google and Facebook!

To become an Avon Rep please click
here for more info
and to sign up.

There are links in my blog posts. Some lead to affiliate pages or my Avon shop. Monies/rewards may be earned off any purchases or sign ups done through these links.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to wear your Avon Eye Shadows

Compare ours to theirs

Remember when 1/15/17