Chicken and shrimp Gumbo File ~ Recipe of the day 4/8/17


Ok first for those who aren't from the south, like me who had to look it up, Filé powder which is also called gumbo filé, it is a spicy herb made from the dried and ground leaves of the North American sassafras tree. So it is used to thicken the gravy of the gumbo and is where that unique flavor comes from. I tried to make it without it but it just wasn't right. So bought some Filé powder and there's the flavor!

Follow me on Pinterest, Google and Facebook or the blog!

To become an Avon Rep please click
here for more info

and to sign up.

There are links in my blog posts. Some lead to affiliate pages or my Avon shop. Monies/rewards may be earned off any purchases or sign ups done through these links



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to wear your Avon Eye Shadows

Compare ours to theirs

Remember when 1/15/17