Squeeze time! Life and Business

An Avon beauty


Time.  Most everyday I scream about needing more time. Between the running of our homeschool program, the dance classes, youth groups and jobs, I seem to always need more time to get things done around the house, the paperwork, laundry... cleaning of everything.  Yup with four kids I seem to always need a bit more time. Hubby often asks how I work it all in. Life, kids, business all in an intricate web that needs me balanced just right to accomplish my daily schedule.

How do I do it?  A schedule, well a loose one.  A basic "this is what needs to get done", when and where.  Then there is the squeeze in things. Like this blog post and my Avon advertising. Yup I have scheduled squeeze time.  What's squeeze time? It's those moments in life when you're waiting. Waiting for the kids to get out of that class, the doctor to call you into the office, the wait for the doctor to come into he office... moments like that. Pretty much whenever you squeeze in Candy Crush you can be doing something productive.  My average Facebook post takes me 2-3 minutes to do, so in the 10 minutes I have waiting for so and so to be done with whatever class I can schedule 2 or 3 posts.  I can call a customer or send out a special text only deal.  I write blog posts at the gym between my work out and when the kids are done. I'll admit the advent of the smart phone has been a huge deal for me business wise.

Squeeze time isn't just for business though. It's the moments when I look up a recipe, click rebates on Ibotta or more importantly email that friend I haven't' spoken to in so long. Call my Gram just to say hi real quick or send a special note to hubby to remind him that though I'll only see him for an hour today I love him.  These are important little things so very often lost in the daily grind.  When we feel connected by pictures on Instagram but do not actually speak or connect with others, we as humans miss out on some of the most important parts of life, the human interactions we need.

Don't I ever relax?  Well yes, but not while I am waiting for my teenager to run back into the building for a forgotten item, that will take 20 minutes because she's a teenage girl and is going to end up talking to someone for at least that long.  In fact doing the little things helps keep me from getting aggravated at said teenager taking forever to grab the forgotten whatever.  Bonus!

So what can you do in the squeeze time:
  • Clip coupons both paper or digital
  • Make grocery/shopping list
  • Email either family or business
  • make calls
  • Meal plans
  • set up appointments
  • call in prescriptions
  • vacation plans
  • put labels on books
  • write notes/letter ( Yes people still do this!)
  • find recipes
  • find patterns
  • search out business tips

This of course is just a list of the things I do and your list of squeezable moments will reflect you and your life style.  By taking the in between moments to do the little things you can create more time for dinner at the table or a bedtime story.  You can reconnect with that family member or just give yourself some breathing room.

My home based business takes up about 16-20 hours a month. I squeeze so much of it into the in-between moments of my life that it doesn't even feel like that much.  This allows me to work my Avon and still have a life with my family. This can be an option for you if you like. Join today to see how Avon fits into your life style!


Note*  I have links on this page. Some lead to my store or other affiliates that I could possibly make a commission from such as my e-store. Some do not.  Have a great day!


Follow me on Pinterest, Google and Facebook!

To become an Avon Rep please click
here for more info and to sign up.

There are links in my blog posts. Some lead to affiliate pages or my Avon shop. Monies/rewards may be earned off any purchases or sign ups done through these links.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to wear your Avon Eye Shadows

Compare ours to theirs

Remember when 1/15/17