Gluten Free Baked Coconut Rice Pudding, homemade dessert recipe



I have a confession, I ♡ rice pudding! There I said it!  Now I don't mean the stuff out of a box with rice mixed in. No I mean good old fashioned baked rice pudding. The creamy dense kind. I also have a pre schooler with a new found infatuation with coconut. Combine that with trying to eat less processed foods, especially sugars I set my self to a challenge to make a rice pudding that was yummy, had no white sugar and had coconut.  Now I'm not completely paleo or anything so I did use white rice, actually we had a quart of it left over from take out so good way to use that up, right? Well trials 1-4, yup epic failures. 5, now 5 is a keeper! So I share with you my Baked coconut rice pudding.

Ingredients :
1 quart cooked white rice
1 can organic  regular coconut milk (sweetened if you like a sweeter pudding)
1/4 cup local raw honey
2 eggs
1 tsp. Organic Vanilla extract
1 cup grated organic coconut

Pre heat oven to 350°
In a bowl beat together coconut milk, eggs, vanilla and honey. Fold in rice and pour mixture into greased ceramic or glass dish. I used a glass loaf pan.  Sprinkle with grated coconut.
Bake for 30-40 minutes until creamy but not runny.
Now even with unsweetened coconut milk this was sweet enough for me, a couple people in my home added honey drizzled on top. That's a personal thing.

Follow me on Pinterest, Google and Facebook or the blog!

To become an Avon Rep please click
here for more info
and to sign up.

There are links in my blog posts. Some lead to affiliate pages or my Avon shop. Monies/rewards may be earned off any purchases or sign ups done through these links

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to wear your Avon Eye Shadows

Compare ours to theirs

Remember when 1/15/17