Give the gift of Your brochure!

My Avon Goodie Bag
 
 
Any one in direct sales knows that the whole game is to get your name out to the public to gain orders. You also know that this is way easier to say then to do sometimes. How many times have you asked a person if they would like a book or flier, only to be looked at like some crazy stalker person? Hey it's ok, we've all been there.  Now I have found that if I offer up a gift or goodie bag to people from my company, Avon, I get a better response then I do when offering just a book.

Why does this work better for me?  Honestly people don't want to feel nagged or pounced upon when they are out relaxing or busy, or anytime really.  They see those who are offering brochures as walking commercials. That's what we are really. On the other hand people like free stuff. They like receiving gifts and freebies. it's all in the marketing! Offer a gift over a brochure and people are happy to get something, a free something! Now when my name comes up I'm not "that Avon lady" Instead I'm, " Oooh The Avon Lady!"  Folks that are happy to see you will buy more, plain and simple.

Ok, so what do I put in these goodie bags?  First and for most my brochure. Since this is my store it is the most important thing to have in there next to my info. Yes contact info is super important.  Here I use my business card which is two sided. One side is info on how to buy from me, the other my recruiting info. I also have a recruiting card that on the flip side introduces me. Who I am, why I sell, where I deliver and website. Now the goodies. I have as you can see in the picture below 3 different samples, one on a big card. That is an important point right there, the big card. The fuller the bag looks the more people will except them. This is a fine line because we do not want to put too much money into these and eat up profit so it's all about the showy,  bright colors, larger size and unique or eye catching samples.  Then to end I add a sweet touch, some candy. Treats are always welcome and these add just that tiny touch of non business that help draw people in. The woman who first explained this to me ( An Avon lady celebrating her 40th year as a rep!) used a piece of chocolate in every bag and order but I like to use these fruit Tootsies. The out cry at anything that could possibly cause an allergic reaction led me down this path... that and I just love the green ones!
The presentation is also important. People don't and will not take sloppy looking things. I like to tuck my bags into my books to not only make them tight, keeping things in place but also so nothing falls out of them. I carry a few in my purse at all times, the car and in a basket at events and hate when things fall out and are lost.  I know some ladies who tie theirs up with pretty ribbons to close them, during holidays I will buy themed bags at the dollar store and use them instead.  Many have treat bags that are zip closure which I love.

Don't forget to be all smiles and friendly when you hand these out to people. How I do this is different mattering on where I am at.  When working an event I just ask everyone who passes me if they would like one. These people are here to shop and anything free is scooped up.  When I am running around town and doing errands I hand them to cashiers and waitresses as a thank you or with the tip. I am a talker and often while small chatting will bring them up and hand them out. My goal is three a day even if that means tossing on peoples doorsteps in last ditch, going to meet my goals no matter what mode.

Would you like to become an Avon rep? I would love to help you do this!  Email me for more information or if you have any questions or sign up online right now! Or email me to find out about my families other businesses and their opportunities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to wear your Avon Eye Shadows

Compare ours to theirs

Remember when 1/15/17